The kids are registered for classes and back-to-school shopping is taken care of, you are all ready for the beginning of a wonderful new school year. But wait, is your kitchen ready? From making breakfast and lunches in the morning to preparing after school snacks and dinner at night, the school year takes place centered around the kitchen. With all this craziness happening in one place, your home’s food hub is going to get cluttered and messy. With a few organization pointers and a little bit of layout help, your kitchen can become as ready for school as you are.
Rethink Your Layout
Having a nonfunctional kitchen layout is a nightmare no matter the time of year, but it becomes more troubling at the beginning of a new school year. Proper arranging of all your dishes, utensils and food is crucial to making a usable kitchen layout.
- Make a Snack Station – Consider making a separate food area for your kids to grab healthy snacks after school.
- Create More Storage – Using an undercover on your table creates more practical storage at a low cost.
- Rearrange the Room – Quick changes like moving decorations around a bit or switching the placement of the plates cabinet can change your flow in a kitchen. Bigger changes like moving or switching up your table can alter the whole appearance of a kitchen.
Spice Up theStyle
Sometimes a new perspective is all you need to feel more organized and less stressed. A few added design pointers will take your kitchen in the direction you want it to go.
- Make a Chalkboard – Having an area to write due dates, grocery lists or cute notes to your kids is just the touch you need to make your kitchen feel fun and functional. Making a chalkboard for your kitchen is the finishing touch to make your kitchen even better.
- Get a new door – Buying a new backdoor, that leads out of the kitchen, is one way to improve both the inside and outside of your home. Tri-State Home Improvement offers beautiful Therma-Tru doors that not only improve curve appeal, but also kitchen appeal.
With a few small changes, your kitchen will be in great shape for the beginning of the school year. Adding new windows and doors could improve your kitchen. At Tri-State Home Improvement, we offer the most energy efficient and secure doors you can find in the area. For a free estimate, call us at 563-823-0979 or fill out our estimate request form online today.